timeless music by Bach






'The Guardian' requested to writers, philosophers, broadcasters, artists and musicians to give their impression about Bach's music. The opinion that expresses in words mostly what I felt when I listened to Bach at the first time, specially "Air" on strings - in G minor, was provided by Emmanuelle Haim, conductor, as follows.

"I love Bach's music because it is so comforting. To me, it feels as if I'm coming back home whenever I play Bach. It feels so naturally written and genuine. There are hidden elements in Bach; for musicians it is very knowledgeable music, but what comes out of it is more of a spontaneity of expression. You can listen to Bach from many points of view: you can admire the science of it, the incredible intelligence of it, but even if you don't have any musical training or knowledge, you can still enjoy it for the incredible spontaneous life of the melody. It is very well worked out, but it seems almost as if it was written as it went along. Bach is definitely someone with whom I love spending time, and try to do so as much as I can."







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chi Il Bell Sogno Di Doretta

Existe algo mais brega do que um rico roubando ? Algo mais chique do que um pobre honesto ?

Eu sei, mas não devia